About Us - a quick look at who we are and what we do
Who is Ustawi Africa
Ustawi Africa means Prosperity in Africa
- It is a platform that converges stakeholders, partners and the community in general, towards agricultural empowerment.
- We are a agricultural INPUT DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL.
- We also offer an agricultural farm EQUIPMENT DISTRIBUTION CHANNEL.
- We provide personalized ADVISORY services to farmers.
- We partner with farmers in creating and sustaining market and food distribution channels.
- We also connect farmer to cold STORAGE and silos storage.
- We collaborate with farmers to commercialize agriculture, enhancing SUSTAINABILITY and income.
Problems we solve
4. Unemployment among women
5. Lack of proper training
6. Women being denied opportunities to own land
7. Undignified living for women in rural Africa
8. Post harvest losses
9. Traceability to farms for improved markets
Our proposed 3 years plan and outcome include; 50,000 farmers, value chain actors and consumers (40% women and 40% youth) in maize-mixed systems using climate-smart intensification and diversification practices with improved water and land management practices. 1 million farmers and other value chain actors (40% women and 40% youth) accessing bundled digital agro-advisory and agricultural risk management products and services that support their response to climate risks, and manage land and water systems in a more sustainable way for climate resilience. At least 50 start-ups and small- and medium-sized enterprises — 40% run by women and 40% by youth — using scaled climate-smart solutions, supporting diversification and intensification of maize systems through at least US$5 million in new finance.